• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The tooth that wouldn't go numb has finally gone!!

C

Cupcake44

Hi, just thought I'd post my success story for others to read. I posted on here a few months ago because I had a tooth infection and after a course of antibiotics my dentist was going to remove it, she tried but I could feel everything I just wouldn't go numb, so then I had a second course of antibiotics and she tried again, same thing happened again, I was in agony!!

I was referred to the hospital so I thought I would have it done under a general (that opens a whole other can of anxiety concerns), but when I had my consultation they said they would also do it under a local, I was terrified the same thing was going to happen again. I had the tooth removed yesterday and I honestly did not feel a thing, not even the injections, I am in more pain today post extraction but that's to be expected. I am glad it's over, but I did it and it wasn't so bad.

Back