• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone with a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

It's a supportive space to talk to people with similar experiences, and get advice and information.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

The tooth that wouldn't go numb has finally gone!!

C

Cupcake44

Hi, just thought I'd post my success story for others to read. I posted on here a few months ago because I had a tooth infection and after a course of antibiotics my dentist was going to remove it, she tried but I could feel everything I just wouldn't go numb, so then I had a second course of antibiotics and she tried again, same thing happened again, I was in agony!!

I was referred to the hospital so I thought I would have it done under a general (that opens a whole other can of anxiety concerns), but when I had my consultation they said they would also do it under a local, I was terrified the same thing was going to happen again. I had the tooth removed yesterday and I honestly did not feel a thing, not even the injections, I am in more pain today post extraction but that's to be expected. I am glad it's over, but I did it and it wasn't so bad.