• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

the waiting...

T

tazey

Seriously how do people put up with it? Still over a month till my next appointment all I have to do all day is sit+wait (feels like 6mths) then after that I'll just be sat waiting for the next one then the next one there's just no end to it.

We don't put up with it. We come to this forum and post about our fears and anxiety :)

I know what you mean. It doesn't ever really end. In order to maintain dental health, unfortunately we have to go back to the dentist over and over again. The only thing we can really do is find ways to cope with it. For me, I try to be proud of myself for making it through my last appointment for as long as possible instead of focusing on the next one. Hang in there! :jump:

I know I just wish I had things to do everyday to not make it drag just beyond bored.

I try to make my appointments while at the office so I don’t spend 3 weeks agonizing over a phone call that I know I need to make. This let’s me cut straight to the agonizing about the appointment itself :scared::scared:

Its not up to me when the appointments will be tho apparently I need 4 more before the next op but only know 1 of those at the mo.

It's driving me crazy too. I have an abscess and I keep worrying it's kill me before my appointment next month. Even though it's not even hurting and the dentist thinks I will be ok.

I find it so hard to trust dentists.

It's driving me crazy too. I have an abscess and I keep worrying it's kill me before my appointment next month. Even though it's not even hurting and the dentist thinks I will be ok.I find it so hard to trust dentists.
My problems all started with an abscess,can't you get an emergency appointment or at least get antibiotics in the meantime?

My problems all started with an abscess,can't you get an emergency appointment or at least get antibiotics in the meantime?

Already on antibiotics since Monday. I am having panic attacks over they are working or not. It's wrecking my nerves. I am on Clindamycin, for the record.

I went to the dentist Monday. They made me an appointment for 9/11 (ominous...maybe..probably not) to have it pulled since I cannot afford a root canal.

They don't seem to be worried over it. But, I am. I cannot trust them. My anxiety makes me feel like everyone is out to get me.

I hope you get help soon Tazey. Try not to be afraid. But, I know what boat you are in. Feel better soon. :clover::clover:

Already on antibiotics since Monday. I am having panic attacks over they are working or not. It's wrecking my nerves. I am on Clindamycin, for the record. I went to the dentist Monday. They made me an appointment for 9/11 (ominous...maybe..probably not) to have it pulled since I cannot afford a root canal. They don't seem to be worried over it. But, I am. I cannot trust them. My anxiety makes me feel like everyone is out to get me.I hope you get help soon Tazey. Try not to be afraid. But, I know what boat you are in. Feel better soon. :clover::clover:
If your on antibiotics+they aren't saying its immediate I'd say its ok (but yes waiting is frustrating),thanks I've been waitting 5yrs tho so nothing will be soon.

Back