• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

they have to come out but can i get inplants on the nhs

A

anotherlate1

hi ive been reading this forums for some time now trying to find the answer, my prob is that i suffer with acid reflux and ive had it for a few years,i think part of cause is bad teeth or there making it worse, i get treatment from my doctors but the problum is that my teeth over the last year have just fell apart most to the gum, i know my teeth are going to have to come out ,but its the same problum as most people i know i carnt handle having loose dentures, so a few months ago i bit my lip and went to a dentist that would do the dentures on inplants everythink was going well they said they could do it for £2500 which at the time i was willing to have done after borrowing a most of it off a mate , the date was set i was getting it done, then a week before the date i got a call telling me that they had got the price wrong and my treatment was now going to cost £45oo, they did not say way its gone up so much but they could sort out a loan and i could pay weekly but after hearing that i told them to take a running jump in so many words, i have looked on the nhs website and it says you mite be able to have inplants if there was a heath issue, now my question is seeing as i have the acid reflux and i know thats the main cause of my teeth decay , would i be able to have the dentures done on the nhs but held in with the inplants ? and if so would i have to go though my doctors or find a dentist . i will be greatful for any help its just iam about to be a grandad for the first time and i would like to pickup my granson without putting the fear of god into him.:XXLhug:

The vast majority of people with acid reflux will get better if they make some changes to their diet. Some foods are safe for heartburn sufferers, while others are major triggers of it.

It would be easy to say that there is a reflux diet. Unfortunately, we all react differently to different foods.

Below is a list of foods/drinks that commonly cause irritation and/or heartburn:
  • Alcohol
  • Black pepper
  • Chili and chili powder
  • Citrus fruit, pineapple
  • Coffee
  • Garlic
  • Spicy food
  • Tea
  • Tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato juice, ketchup
  • Vinegar
Some patients with acid reflux say these gassy foods cause discomfort:
  • Beans
  • Broccoli
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Kale
  • Fizzy drinks (sodas)
Medications
  • Acid suppressant - these have been shown to be effective, such as histamine2-receptor antagonists (blockers). Histamines are good at reducing inflammation. An inflamed stomach produces more acid - blocking this extra production of acid helps prevent the acids from building up and seeping upwards.
  • Proton pump inhibitors - these reduce the production of acid in the stomach. They act on cells in the stomach wall which produce stomach acids.
  • Prokinetic agents - these promote the emptying of the stomach, stopping it from becoming overfull.

There's almost no chance of getting the NHS to provide implants. In my area a very small number are provided for patients with oral cancers which have resulted in massive tissue loss.

Back