• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

This is annoying...

R

Rocky52

Hi I'm back again, this is more an othradontal problem lol. I've recently got braces put in, and along with them I have a sort of clay/block at the back (top) of my teeth. I know its to stop me biting down on my braces but I'm just wondering 2 things...

1. They said it will grind down as I eat but how long approx. will that take?

2. Will I be getting these 'blocks' everytime I visit my orthadontist for brace tightening?

I know some people may not know but if there is anyone who's had braces and had the same thing as me could you let me know. Thanks in advance

Hi :), don't know the answer to your question but there's a big forum for discussing braces and orthodontics called Archwired.

Thought you might be interested!

Sometimes you need to block the teeth apart a bit to let the ones you want to move get freed from the bite and move into the right place. So it's a necessary evil I fear. Believe it or not, you will get used to it!

Back