• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

This one tooth is driving me crazy , I’m getting depressed

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
I'll merge these 2 threads together, it'll be better to keep track of what's been going on rather than start all over again.

Last edited:
A

Alexistired

I'll merge these 2 threads together, it'll be better to keep track of what's been going on rather than start all over again.
Thank you
Anything noticeable on that X ray ?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Sorry. No, there's nothing obvious. Did you get the bite re-checked?

A

Alexistired

Sorry. No, there's nothing obvious. Did you get the bite re-checked?
I just came back from my visit with the third dentist this month
Third times a charm I guess . The filling wasn’t bonded properly , there was a crack on the filling and there were 4 cavities inside , close to the nerve !
I wasn’t imagining my pain and I’m glad we finally found the problem ! Now I have a special paste on the tooth ... it’s not the final tooth . The dentist called it a “medication” . I have to wait for two weeks now

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Oh cool, I like it when I'm right :)

A

Alexistired

I got different replies including a crack , bonding issues , cavities still inside and all three were correct ! I would have never imagined it was combination of all these issues .

A

Alexistired

Sadly it’s worse again . The pain started stronger than before and I can’t eat anything now . I’ve been crying all day
😭 I guess it wasn’t any of these issues and it’s not bonding issues and it wasn’t even the cavities . The pain is unbearable
I’m on antibiotics and medications . I’m so sad
I lost all hopes

Last edited:
A

Alexistired

Anyone has an idea what the issue could be ?? I’m shocked that this issue cannot resolve itself . My bite has been adjusted (I have a temporary filling) . I can’t chew ! It feels and burns like an open wound - bruise or as if someone’s removed my filling and was blowing on it . Any idea ? Please help . I’m on antibiotics and pain killers and they’re not working ... I can’t eat anymore

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Sounds like the nerve is dying off now. You'll need to go back to the dentist again, sorry.

A

Alexistired

Sounds like the nerve is dying off now. You'll need to go back to the dentist again, sorry.
I am in constant contact with my new dentist ... I spoke to her yesterday
She put a medicated paste in my tooth , calcium hydroxide