• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

this worry is causing me anxiety

D

Della44

Hi everyone,
Due to a failed root canal and apiocectomy some years ago, My gum in front of that tooth has now receded really badly. I tried to address this with the dentist but she was not helpful, then covid came along, so it's been another two years without treatment. My tooth is so loose, I'm amazed it hasn't fallen out..this tooth is right at the front bottom, I've just had to reschedule a appointment because I keep putting it off..because I know the end result is likely to be a false tooth, I also have a bridge on the other side..I have got myself in such a mess mentally with this..would just like some support

Hi,

Without knowing your dental situation, I think it is safe to assume that a capable dentist will have more than one treatment plan for a permanent long term solution and a few more suggestions for a short term solution.
The fact that time has passed and the tooth is becoming mobile, might cause the treatment to be more expansive, but surely there are several options for treatment.

Hi,

Without knowing your dental situation, I think it is safe to assume that a capable dentist will have more than one treatment plan for a permanent long term solution and a few more suggestions for a short term solution.
The fact that time has passed and the tooth is becoming mobile, might cause the treatment to be more expansive, but surely there are several options for treatment.
Hi Dr Daniel,

Many thanks for your reply, it's true you don't know my dental situation, I'm worrying mainly of what the outcome may be, I honestly don't know if anything can be done to save the post crown because it is loose, some of the gum recession and bone loss happened because I waited too long for treatment (dentist's fault) could I ask what treatment you options you relate to??

Regards
Della

It differ between situations: implant, removable denture, bridge, Maryland bridge.

Back