• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Threads and white stuff

J

Jeenybean

Hi, I had 4 implants on Monday, a lot of stitches due to bone grafting, a channel made?
Problem is a loose denture, threads and white stuff around my own tooth which is top front tooth.
My current denture has 6 teeth, upper front and one towards back. So 2 implants each side which will hold 3 crowns, which will replace the denture in due course...
Dentist cut away all the pink plastic gum away to allow it to fit in my mouth.
So now it's not secure, I asked him about this and he said I could use adhesive, will that not cause my healing gums problems? Also what can I do about white stuff and dark blue threads around my own front tooth.
I was still in a daze after surgery and tried to ask what would happen after my 2 week check to have stitches removed. But he just said I would have 3 (I think) appointments, he didn't really explain so I had to ask the receptionist! So actually I still don't know. I'll try get clear answers when I return to have stitches removed.
Will I have to have my gums cut open again?
I had no idea when I started on this treatment what it might actually entail. I was asked if I had any questions but I didn't know to ask about this. The actual surgery was explained but not the afterward part,
apologies for going on.
Thanks for your time..

I would phone the dentist and get this looked at immediately. If you have screw threads exposed on your actual implants (which can happen if the sutures loosen too early) then you need the implants removed and replaced.

Hi, thanks for your reply,
But the blue threads showing are the stitches, not screw threads! And I wanted to know if denture adhesive would pull at the stitches on my sewn up gums.
Apologies if I didn't explain very well.

I would try not to wear the denture if possible. The first week is when the tissue is most fragile and any movement will prevent things joining together. If you're concerned then ask your dentist to have a look.

Back