• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Three fillings, 99% pain free!

A

Alexandra1973

So...I just got back from my dentist appointment, I needed three fillings.

The worst part is the anticipation. Once they get going it's not so bad.

When they injected me I felt only a little pinch. That's it. The drilling--didn't even feel it, not really. I started to feel it a little on one tooth and she numbed me up more and from then on, no pain! :yay:

I can't believe I was so nervous! I did my very best to relax and kept reminding myself to breathe through my nose. There's also a TV in there above the chair and so I was watching/listening to The Pink Panther and Richie Rich on Cartoon Network's Boomerang channel. :ROFLMAO: I was in an out in less than an hour.

I'd rather go through that than the cleaning I endured last week...spent like an hour scraping away! :censored:

I got composite fillings...I will not do amalgam.

That's great news Alexandra1973, getting three fillings done in one visit. I hope the tv helped, I always take a cd walkman / mp3 player with me if I need any drilling done I find it drowns out he noise and helps me relax. Keep in touch.

The noise of the drill wasn't really bad, just a high-pitched whine.

Congrats hun! How did you not end up laughing when watching something like that? Haha!

Back