• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Three month cleaning tomorrow

L

LauraQ68

After my deep cleaning, it’s now time for my three month cleaning. While I’m not nearly as nervous as three months ago, I’m beginning to worry. Its an endless cycle of what ifs. Does this ever get easier? I’ll report back after my appointment tomorrow!

Hi Laura,

great to read that you are not nearly as nervous as three months ago and isn't that a good proof that things are getting easier gradually? :) I believe that it's ok not to feel super excited and happy to have a dental appointment, but if you can manage to go without being entirely out of order for days before, it's great.
Good luck today :clover: and let us know how it went!

I did it! I got through my three month cleaning! The good news is most of my perio pockets show improvement. There are still a few 5's, but everything else is below that. They did laser treatment on all four quadrants and Arestin (topical antibiotic) treatment to the perio areas. The bad news is they want me to see the periodontist for a consult. Now I'm terrified she will suggest surgery! Do finding some 4's and 5's on probing mean surgery?? Ugh. Anyway, I'm just happy to have this appointment out of the way. A million thanks to this forum for getting me through another one!

Heyyy, well done! :jump: What makes you think the perio would suggest surgery?

Well done for getting through your three month cleaning appointment. I have hygienist appointments every 4 months and so far so good, all is currently stable. However, there are many nights when I really resent the amount of time I have to spend cleaning my teeth with all the paraphernalia have to go through. I just get on with it now, because I don't want the problems that come with letting it all slip. I suppose it's a small price to pay to hang on to my teeth.

Heyyy, well done! :jump: What makes you think the perio would suggest surgery?

Just something the hygienist said at my deep cleaning about how it was very unlikely I would need any surgery on my gums. I took that to mean there was a possibility!

Just something the hygienist said at my deep cleaning about how it was very unlikely I would need any surgery on my gums. I took that to mean there was a possibility!

Ah, I see. On the other hand, reading what she said it sounds to me like she ruled out that possibilty very clearly..:)

I saw the periodontist today and she wants to do bone grafts on two teeth that have some bone loss. I told her I needed to think about it. She even offered to do it TODAY and I said, nooooo. I really can't even entertain the thought of surgery right now. I've been through so much dental anxiety over the past few months. It has been so difficult for me. This just puts me over the top again. I'm heartbroken.

Back