• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Throbbing dull pain after a wisdom tooth filling & told decay near nerve left

E

Excalibur

Throbbing dull pain after a wisdom tooth filling & told decay near nerve left

Hi People.

Am from the UK.

Am with an NHS Dentist.

I had a bottom back Wisdom tooth filling today and the Dentist said she left a little decay as it was near the nerve and was told if i get any symptoms then it needs to be extracted.

When the injection local anesthetic wore off i felt slight a throbbing dull pain, now its only a tiny bit, if it was an infection or some sort of pain wouldnt the pain get worse? and i be in agony by now?.

If Dentist leaves a bit decay does that mean the tooth will inevatibly cause pain or is there a chance of suriving it?.

Last question is she said it might be a difficult extraction so thus will need to be referred to hospital..To mean it doesnt look that impacted at all..But if i say i want to go Private then would they be able to take it out in the surgery instead of hospital?.

Thanks guys, i would appreciate very much of any advice, tips, experience, support.

Last edited:
Re: Throbbing dull pain after a wisdom tooth filling & told decay near nerve left

Slight pain is reasonable after a deep filling. Leaving a little decay behind is OK if it's sealed the bacteria which cause it will die off and it will firm up again. Hopefully it'll settle down soon and you can forget about it.

Even if the tooth is not impacted, there may be other reasons why the dentist doesn't fancy extracting it themselves. I doubt if its a question of money, so whether you pay privately or not shouldn't make any difference.

Back