• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Throbbing with no pain - 1 week after abscess has been drained & cleaned twice & antibiotics

L

littlehann

Throbbing with no pain - 1 week after abscess has been drained & cleaned twice & antibiotics

Hello! I have mild throbbing with no pain (it goes along with my heartbeat sometimes) in a tooth that I recently has an abscess in. I had an abscess last week :cry: it was so painful.

My dentist drained and cleaned out the abscess twice (on a Monday and then a Wednesday), and now in 10 days I go back to continue root canal treatment. I am so worried that the throbbing is a sign that the abscess or infection is going to return!!!! :cry:

It is possible that after the draining, cleaning and antibiotics that in 10 days it could come back?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with some advice as I am beginning to worry a lot!

Thank you

Last edited:
Re: Throbbing with no pain - 1 week after abscess has been drained & cleaned twice & antibiotics

Hi
I'm afraid it is possible that the infection hasn't quite settled.
Give the dentist a call as they would want you to be painfree before the root filling is finished. It may just need another washout or perhaps some antibiotics.

Back