• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Time to face the truth!

Thank you both. It is great news, a bit of an anitclimax if I'm honest though as truth be told my mouth still looks awful (if anything the top set look worse, teeth moved from extraction and tartar worse from being too gentle with cleaning due to tenderness) , very badly stained and tartar. The truth is I think I'm gonna have to face facts and join a private dentist, which is one money I don't have and two joining another dentist terrifies me, feels like starting from scratch. Maybe I should just accept the fact that my teeth look horrible and stop whinging, I mean I knew at the start my teeth wouldn't look white or anything but I guess I thought they would look better after a clean (that I didn't really get) and that I'd be able to smile without being paranoid.

Not sure which way I'll go yet but reading this looks like I'm never happy doesn't it, I know it could be worse, I guess I should just be grateful.

I'm sorry you're not feeling too happy about your teeth. :(

I know what you mean about finding another dentist as I'm in the same boat. I hope you'll be able to find someone wonderful, maybe even someone who has a payment plan? I'm not sure how much cleanings are there, but perhaps that's something that could be done?

So long time since over updated this but wanted to catch you all up. The work is almost done ???. Got all my fillings done which actually went ok. The teeth whitening worked really well, you can no longer notice the zebra stripe on my teeth. Got my denture yesterday. That looks great but still getting used to it. Hurts my gums and I apparently have a very strong gag reflex to work through but getting there. Back in a couple of weeks for my last appointment for a while hopefully. Yaay

Wow, that‘s some great news here! Thanks for coming back and updating us. I just read your journal and see you went a really long way. So glad your treatment is finished and you feel happy with your smile. Hope the adjustment to the denture will go quick, love your positive attitude about this, sounds like you keep on seeing it as a positive challenge.
Btw., we have an article about dentures in the FAQ section here on the forum and also an article about it here, if you look for some input.

Hae a great day, keep us posted and give yourself a pat on the back!

Back