• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tiny black spot? Also difference between big and small? Finally fillings information?

M

Max

Tiny black spot? Also difference between big and small? Finally fillings information?

Hi guys I'm a little worried as when I was looking in the mirror after brushing my teeth I found a very tiny spot about the size of a grain of sand can anybody tell me what this is and what I could do to get rid of it? Booked a dentists appointment (much to my disliking) but it's not until the 19th very nervous I think I may need 5-6 fillings but my parents have told me they're all "small" fillings what's the difference between a small filling and a big filling? And finally do fillings hurt? I've had one before but I can't remember as I was very small I've had injections before and they dot hurt but does the procedure hurt and how long will I t take to do each filling? Appreciate any help you can give me thank you ^^

Re: Tiny black spot? Also difference between big and small? Finally fillings information?

The tiny black spot is probably either a discoloration or a cavity. As far as I know, you cannot get rid of discolorations, but they don't hurt your teeth and cavities of course need fillings.

A lot of times you don't need to be numbed for small fillings and some dentists have other ways than the drill to deal with small fillings, like air abrasion or lasers. The whole process would be over quicker if the filling is small as well.

I honestly haven't had a filling (which I have been awake for) since I was 10, but I don't remember it taking very long. And everyone on here always talks about how painless it is to get them these days.

Re: Tiny black spot? Also difference between big and small? Finally fillings information?

Thank you so much good to know that small fillings aren't numbered and it helps even more to know that they might not use that drill god I hate the noise that things makes the quicker the appointment the better in my opinion! Lol thanks again

Back