• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

To Zinc or not to Zinc

W

welshdragon1

I have noticed the a lot of denture glues, contain Zinc.

From what I understand, Zinc is supposed to help with the healing process,
That said I am worried about any possibe long term effects.

I found that a small 10g tube lasted aproximatly 2 weeks, where I estimate a larger 70g will last aproximately 14 weeks, maybe longer.

What are you experiences / knowlege of using Zinc V's non Zinc dental products.....??

Did you have any side affects or not.....??

In the US zinc has been removed from most denture adhesives.

Hi Welshdragon,

Please note that I moved your thread from the support forum as this seems a more appropriate location for the question you are asking. I've noticed, both from your profile and your posts, that much of your discussion is centered around dentures and denture adhesives. I'm not sure if you've thoroughly investigated the forum but if not, I thought I'd share this link with you as it provides several links to denture specific forums. https://www.dentalfearcentral.org/faq/dentures/ We do have many members with similar experiences but many more who are here for support for dental fears and phobias so you may not find as many responses to your queries. I thought you might find one or more of these links helpful as there are likely to be many more like-minded individuals that could answer your questions. :)

All the best,
Takingflight

Back