• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Today, I get my life back.

S

StHelensFan1

First of all sorry for making a new account, most of you will remember me posting under my old name (StHelensFan), couldn't remember my login details or the email/email password I used either.

Anyway, today I finally had the procedure, after missing 2 appointments and it being cancelled 3 times for one reason or another on their part over the last 18 months or so.

I am 33 years of age, and have never even had a filling, I get really bad anxiety in general and I am needle phobic, yet today I had 17 extractions (including 2 upper wisdom teeth and one tooth that was in the roof of my mouth and one growing out of my gum under my top lip), 7 fillings, a root canal and a scale and polish under GA (I was out for over 2 hours!)

Don't want to scare anyone but I do have a fair bit of blood in/around my mouth and there's a little bit of pain but not much surprisingly, been dreading this day for 13 years and I wish I had it sooner.

I'm so happy right now, to those of you that are struggling to get it done, believe me, if I can do it, you can do it.

If anyone wants to ask me any questions here or by PM then I'm happy to answer.

Mark

Hi Mark, that is brilliant news, congratulations :welldone:!!! Thanks so much for sharing your story here - this will be really useful to others who are finding themselves in a similar situation.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

P.S. for ease, I've merged your old account with your new one

This is great Mark.. and seriously wow.. to get all of it done at once. So brave stepping up to get all this completed!! I also hope your healing goes fast and smooth!

:cheer2::cheer2:

Hi Mark,
congratulations and well done, this is amazing to read! :perfect:
Take care and recover soon!

:wow: well done! All in one go and only a little bit of pain, impressive!

Really happy for you. I hope that you heal quickly!