• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Today I went for the first time in 15 years to the dentist....

Z

Zephyr

I am sharing my story because this forum helped me to make that first appointment with the dentist.

I lived for 15 years with a terrible secret fear of the dentist that ruled my life! My teeth gradually broke down. I have 4 teeth broken to the gum line and chipped teeth..so embarassing?

Today I went to the dentist and it wasnt that bad honestly. I need some crowns, fillings and implants but it can be delt with. The dentist reassures me he sees people like me every day!

I never thought I could face my fear. Please believe me....make that appointment. What you are imagining far worse than the reality and that is from someone who has walked the same path as you. Good luck.

Bravo ?

Such courage. Well done. Enjoy.

Thank you. This forum is a life changing resource for people like me?

Thank you. This forum is a life changing resource for people like me?
And this thread is also inspiring others. Well done for making that appointment and then posting about it.

This is great Zephr!!! Excellent testimony! :welldone::thumbsup!:

I am sharing my story because this forum helped me to make that first appointment with the dentist.

I lived for 15 years with a terrible secret fear of the dentist that ruled my life! My teeth gradually broke down. I have 4 teeth broken to the gum line and chipped teeth..so embarassing?

Today I went to the dentist and it wasnt that bad honestly. I need some crowns, fillings and implants but it can be delt with. The dentist reassures me he sees people like me every day!

I never thought I could face my fear. Please believe me....make that appointment. What you are imagining far worse than the reality and that is from someone who has walked the same path as you. Good luck.
You're very brave, it's taking that first step that is that the hardest thing, and you find that it's worse thinking about the treatment than actually having it done.Good luck

Thank you for posting! This forum is so helpful. It’s helping me deal with my issues. Please keep us updated through your journey.

Back