• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tomorrow d day

B

Bunny85

So tomorrow at 10.50am I go for my appointment. My anxiety is at a all time high. I know I need loads of work on my top teeth just scared of the judgement and not being in control and the cost. :cry: :(

So tomorrow at 10.50am I go for my appointment. My anxiety is at a all time high. I know I need loads of work on my top teeth just scared of the judgement and not being in control and the cost. :cry: :(
Can you take diazepam or something? they shouldn't judge if they do then maybe they aren't the right dentist for you. Good luck!

I dont like taking anything like that. Its my 1st appointment so will find out tomorrow if they are the right ones

Best of luck for your appointment tomorrow, Bunny85 - I hope they're "the one" ? ? !!

So the day here. I have checked all my bus routes as my dentist is out of town. Part of me is excited as I am making the biggest step in going but most of me is scared and my anxiety is even higher then yesterday. I just need to remember it will make me happier in the long run. I just hoping I found a understanding dentist who dont judge me cause dont think I could start again with looking for a new one. Will update u all after my appointment

Guys I did it. It was not all bad. I thought all my top would need removing but no. Some do and will need a partial but not 4 of my front which I was worried about. Need some on my bottom on both sides removing but not my front. The dentist was fantastic he talked me though everything and said we would sort the top out 1st to give me my confidence back. Cant believe I did it. Still shaking now

Oh that's wonderful news, he sounds like a gem :cloud9:. Well done you!!!

Oh that's wonderful news, he sounds like a gem :cloud9:. Well done you!!!
Still I can't believe I did it. It is private so going to cost but I will work 10 jobs if I have to. To get my smile back ?

That's fantastic, so happy that things are moving forward for you.

Congratulations ??!!

Booked in for my next appointment. This time last week I was so scared to even go to my 1st ever appointment. Now I am waiting on my 2rd. This group is amazing couldn't of done it with your support

Congratulations on booking the appointment ?! Hopefully it's not too long a wait?

Congratulations on booking the appointment ?! Hopefully it's not too long a wait?
Thank u. No long wait. Its on the 5th August. Just need to keep going with appointments while my head is in right place

Hey, so glad everything went well! Sounds like your dentist is great and willing to accommodate your needs. Hope the time until your apt will pass quickly so that you can remain your momentum:)

So my 2rd appointment is today. My anxiety is high again. I got my plan on what needs doing but feel like he doing things backwards if that make sense. Hope someone can help

If you want to share the treatment plan, you can do so in the Ask a Dentist section and get some professional input? Or else if your appointment is soon, ask your dentist why he proposes to do things in this order. Of course you can also ask on here as well, if you want somebody else‘s input.

Wishing you all the best for your appointment ?

Good luck today, Bunny! :clover: Let us know how it went! I agree with everything letsconnect said and I'm sure your dentist will be happy to explain why they chose this order. :)

Hi, just wondering how it went yesterday, and if you were able to get answers to your questions?

I got my days mixed up it was today not yesterday. That me getting myself worked up. So just come out and yes I did get answers thank you. I just had my 1st tray impression for my partial denture which I am getting after my teeth are taken out. I am get immediate. It was not as bad as I thought. One more step closer

Glad to hear that you got answers - hopefully, things are a bit clearer now! Great to hear that it went well today ?

Glad to hear that you got answers - hopefully, things are a bit clearer now! Great to hear that it went well today ?
Thank you. My dentist gone on holiday now so got to wait 3 weeks for my next appointment. Just hoping my nerves hold out that long

Back