• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Tomorrow is the day (support needed)

B

Bea

So, tomorrow morning, I am booked in for 4 extractions and top denture fitted.
I am having sedation.
I have had sedation before, but I'm still petrified of being aware. I've had 1 experience where I was fully aware and 2 not being aware.
Two of my teeth are cracked and weak, one is broken to the gum so now I'm also panicking about this.
I feel sick with fear 😱

T

Travie87

So, tomorrow morning, I am booked in for 4 extractions and top denture fitted.
I am having sedation.
I have had sedation before, but I'm still petrified of being aware. I've had 1 experience where I was fully aware and 2 not being aware.
Two of my teeth are cracked and weak, one is broken to the gum so now I'm also panicking about this.
I feel sick with fear 😱
You'll be in My prayers Bea. I am gonna have 14+ teeth extracted in a few months. Much Love.

Enarete

Enarete

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Bea :welcome:,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. If you have managed to get this far, you will do greately tomorrow. It might be a good idea to talk about your fears with your sedationist and explain to him/her how petrified you are of being aware. He/she might be able to explain to you which steps they will take to make sure you're fine and also pay extra attention for you to get sedated properly. Teeth broken on the gum line are actually easier to get removed so do not worry about this too much (easier said than done, I know). Again, talking to your dentist might help here.

Sending you good vibes and wishes, may you find some rest tonight and may your dental team be able to put you at ease and make the treatment easier for you.

All the best wishes and let us know how you got on!

S

Stupiddentalfear

Good luck Bea. Hope all goes well. (You can do this and I'm sure you will feel so proud of yourself after) :there-there:

B

Bea

Hi Bea :welcome:,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. If you have managed to get this far, you will do greately tomorrow. It might be a good idea to talk about your fears with your sedationist and explain to him/her how petrified you are of being aware. He/she might be able to explain to you which steps they will take to make sure you're fine and also pay extra attention for you to get sedated properly. Teeth broken on the gum line are actually easier to get removed so do not worry about this too much (easier said than done, I know). Again, talking to your dentist might help here.

Sending you good vibes and wishes, may you find some rest tonight and may your dental team be able to put you at ease and make the treatment easier for you.

All the best wishes and let us know how you got on!
Thank you so much for the support and advice.

F

frostgirl

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it all goes well for you :thumbsup:

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will be thinking of you tomorrow ,. I so agree with Enarete, let them know how nervous you are and exactly about what and they can help you with what you need to get the best experience. ! It has only helped me everytime, though its not easy to step out and share your fears and needs its worth it. :) Wishing you the best procedure and smooth healing!

B

Bea

Will be thinking of you tomorrow ,. I so agree with Enarete, let them know how nervous you are and exactly about what and they can help you with what you need to get the best experience. ! It has only helped me everytime, though its not easy to step out and share your fears and needs its worth it. :) Wishing you the best procedure and smooth healing!
Thank you xxx

C

CourageAndBraveryASAP

Good luck tomorrow! Wishing you a peaceful and uneventful sedation experience. Hugs!

B

Bea

Well, I'm back.
I explained my fears and was assured.
The sedation didn't really work and I was aware of the needles in my mouth, I felt them go in.
I felt them take teeth out.
However there was no pain.
TBH I think she started too early.