• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tomorrow is the day (support needed)

B

Bea

So, tomorrow morning, I am booked in for 4 extractions and top denture fitted.
I am having sedation.
I have had sedation before, but I'm still petrified of being aware. I've had 1 experience where I was fully aware and 2 not being aware.
Two of my teeth are cracked and weak, one is broken to the gum so now I'm also panicking about this.
I feel sick with fear ?

So, tomorrow morning, I am booked in for 4 extractions and top denture fitted.
I am having sedation.
I have had sedation before, but I'm still petrified of being aware. I've had 1 experience where I was fully aware and 2 not being aware.
Two of my teeth are cracked and weak, one is broken to the gum so now I'm also panicking about this.
I feel sick with fear ?
You'll be in My prayers Bea. I am gonna have 14+ teeth extracted in a few months. Much Love.

Hi Bea :welcome:,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. If you have managed to get this far, you will do greately tomorrow. It might be a good idea to talk about your fears with your sedationist and explain to him/her how petrified you are of being aware. He/she might be able to explain to you which steps they will take to make sure you're fine and also pay extra attention for you to get sedated properly. Teeth broken on the gum line are actually easier to get removed so do not worry about this too much (easier said than done, I know). Again, talking to your dentist might help here.

Sending you good vibes and wishes, may you find some rest tonight and may your dental team be able to put you at ease and make the treatment easier for you.

All the best wishes and let us know how you got on!

Good luck Bea. Hope all goes well. (You can do this and I'm sure you will feel so proud of yourself after) :there-there:

Hi Bea :welcome:,

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. If you have managed to get this far, you will do greately tomorrow. It might be a good idea to talk about your fears with your sedationist and explain to him/her how petrified you are of being aware. He/she might be able to explain to you which steps they will take to make sure you're fine and also pay extra attention for you to get sedated properly. Teeth broken on the gum line are actually easier to get removed so do not worry about this too much (easier said than done, I know). Again, talking to your dentist might help here.

Sending you good vibes and wishes, may you find some rest tonight and may your dental team be able to put you at ease and make the treatment easier for you.

All the best wishes and let us know how you got on!
Thank you so much for the support and advice.

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it all goes well for you :thumbsup:

Will be thinking of you tomorrow ,. I so agree with Enarete, let them know how nervous you are and exactly about what and they can help you with what you need to get the best experience. ! It has only helped me everytime, though its not easy to step out and share your fears and needs its worth it. :) Wishing you the best procedure and smooth healing!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow ,. I so agree with Enarete, let them know how nervous you are and exactly about what and they can help you with what you need to get the best experience. ! It has only helped me everytime, though its not easy to step out and share your fears and needs its worth it. :) Wishing you the best procedure and smooth healing!
Thank you xxx

Good luck tomorrow! Wishing you a peaceful and uneventful sedation experience. Hugs!

Thanks all.
My appointment is at 9 and I'm absolutely petrified

Well, I'm back.
I explained my fears and was assured.
The sedation didn't really work and I was aware of the needles in my mouth, I felt them go in.
I felt them take teeth out.
However there was no pain.
TBH I think she started too early.

Back