• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tons of pain and freaked out

L

lbach1006

I had an extraction done on Monday 7/1 of a miolar. I filled the vicodin prescription and took one right away since I was feeling pain but not the normal pain I have had before following an extraction. I didn't think much of that though and went on with my day. By Tuesday night I was in agony and couldn't figure out why. It also didn't feel like it had closed up at all like I have experienced before. I had my husband look at it and he said it looked like a piece of tooth was still in there. I called my dentist on Wednesday and said Im hurting very badly I need to get in so you can fix this. They turned out to be closed the rest of the week )Thursday/Friday) for the 4th and couldn't get me in on Wednesday at all. They cant see me for awhile still and I am in more pain than I know what to do with. I even finished my pain killers early because I had to double up to be able to sleep. What can I do and what will they do when I finally am seen???

I also forgot to add that now gum or tissue has grown over part of it but it is split on the side (where most of the pain is coming from) and seems like a bone spur as well. The tooth socket has not healed at all really and a bad taste comes out of it every so often. I just have never had anything like this happen before and I am terrified of it happening again and of what I will have to go through to get it fixed. I feel like more pain right after it is fixed is inevitable and that it wont be managed properly as well.

I am not a dentist but it does sound like you have some infection, could you go to the ER, they wouldn't be able to treat the tooth I don't think but they may be able to give you some antibiotics if needed. You shouldn't be in so much pain.

I am not a dentist but it does sound like you have some infection, could you go to the ER, they wouldn't be able to treat the tooth I don't think but they may be able to give you some antibiotics if needed. You shouldn't be in so much pain.

Yes Carole is right, you probably have a dry socket which tends to last about ten days and is no fun at all. Get an appointment somewhere to get it washed out and start antibiotics.

Back