• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Too embarrased :(

W

worriedgirl

I'm terrified of dentists I'm only 20 but have a lot of broken teeth and decay I brush my teeth reguarlly but I was bilimic for 5years which is why my teeth are so bad. I visited a dentist after 7years and was laughed ar between her and her nurse over how I don't brush my teeth enough. But I'm in agony :(

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

This dentist is not for you, they should not have made the comments they did or laughed. This dentist does not deserve your custom.

Have a look around and find another, they are usually very profession and really want to help us get healthy and stay healthy orally. They should listen to your fears and advise you about what treatment you may need. You need an understanding dentist that will work with you and not judge or mock you.

You could try emailing a few and explain that you want to get your teeth and gums back to health and could they help you. If you are nervous explain if you can why and see what feedback you get. You could also phone if you prefer.

Don't let these silly people put you off, it is your mouth and they are there to help and most are more than willing to do their job.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: let us know how you get on please.

Back