• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

too much oressure on front teeth since having a filling

C

chan77

Hi there i was looking to get some advise, i went to the dentist last week to have a filling done on my back top tooth, i had no pain or anything, just the dentist said it needed doing, well since then i have felt like my front teeth are pushing together really hard this started feeling like this from the minuet i walked out of the dentist, and that my back teeth dont meet up the same on the left hand side, my front teeth at the bottom are really eching now, also my teeth on bottom below where i had filling done feel sensitive too, i went back to the dentist, he said there was nothing wrong with the filling, although he could see that there was more pressure on front teeth, and not a tight bite on the side where i had filling done..he done a couple of xrays, also one that took one of all my teeth, he showed me that i had wisdom teeth incaved or something like that anyway and i might need to be sent to the hospital for them to have a look, and said that might be whats causeing it, and its bad luck its all happened at same time????....so they have prescribed me some ibrofoben, as said maybe i might have some swelling in gums and to go back in a week and see if that has made a difference? but my teeth are really really irritating me, as everytime i close my mouth my teeth at front really push together, ive never had any problems with my teeth before this, and its making me really nervouse about the situation, could too much of the tooth been drilled away when a filling was done, causeing the bite too not match? or is what the dentist saying is right?

The filling sounds like it's too high and interfering with your bite. Ask the dentist to check it and adjust it.

The dentist did check it again, but he says the filling is fine, but the filling cant be too high if the teeth dont meet on the side of the filling anymore can it?? i mean the bite on that side is gentle compared with the other side of my mouth, even he said there wasnt a very strong bite on the side of the filling and quite alot of pressure on front teeth, i have checked the tooth and it seems to of been really drilled down at the side of tooth on the inside edge, and looks different to the tooth oppersit, as if i now have a piece missing, im really concerned as im worried what damage its having to front of my teeth as they feel like there gonna fall out, im just so wishing i hadnt had the filling done, as i had no pain and was not even aware of a problem, but now im really worried he isnt gonna be able to get the bite back properly, as there on about taking wisdom teeth out now, which i dont believe have anything to do with whats happening now, i mean as too much seems to of been filled/drilled away on the edge of the tooth, can that be fixed?? by being filled or something? its just really put me off going back, it sounds so silly just because of a filling, but i really had no problems before now at all, but now my whole mouth feels really uncomftable and echy, its really getting me down, and i just want my mouth to feel normal again.

Back