• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth 19 extracted 1 1/2 week ago - Tooth 18 has ALREADY moved?!?

C

cj26

Tooth 19th had a root canal about 5 years ago. All of a sudden I developed sharp earache, swollen glands and numbness in chin. Went to dentist and found huge root infection. Got on amoxicillin for a week and then pulled the tooth. Tooth came out within 5 minutes but my hole was very small for the dentist to fit his tool in to get the infection out, he had to drill away some of my bone to make the hole bigger, after an hour of this, he gave up and said it was getting to risky with being close to my nerve. Anyways, I had a bone graft done and he finished up. I had zero pain and only took 1 advil the entire time afterwards.

My problem. I have noticed that tooth 18 has is way off. It doesn't hurt, but it is out of place. It almost seem as though it has raised up...and also shifted backwards...which I heard never happens. I know it has moved, I mean the tooth feels 100% different, my tongue hits it all the time which it never did before, it feels more pointy on the back. it just feels like it is raising out of the socket. My question, can a tooth move this fast? Could it be that it has raised due to swelling of the gums next to it?

I am going to the dentist this wednesday but of course I have been thinking about it non stop and feel that now this tooth will have to come out too...because that is how my luck goes.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

It could have moved a bit due to swelling in the area, but I can't see any reason why it would need to be extracted from your posting. Chances are it'll move back into place when the swelling goes down.

Back