• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth Decay and Supplements?

S

ScaredMama

In my 3rd pregnancy (I've had 5) 3 teeth literally crumbled. I've never taken vitamins regularly, only have gone to the dentist twice in my adulthood (still have wisdom teeth even though 2 are only partially in), wasn't a good brusher or flosser until this year (I'm 31), never done drugs or took meds to make this happen, but have always loved my sweets and carbs!
In the last 7 years, my teeth went from being all there and "looking" ok to a huge mess. 4 teeth missing (completely gone from crumbling-not even a stump there), 3 broken teeth, 3 visable cavities, and all teeth feel sensative and "sick" (thankfully though I've never had pain or an infection!!!!).
From research I've read I could have Celiac's Disease, or deficient in vitamin D and/or Calcium (I wouldn't know though because I don't go to the doctor either-except for pregnancy's). I think it's safe to say, I have really bad anxiety as well.
So anyways, my question is, do dentist believe in Celiac's Disease? And do dentist recommend vitamin D or Calcium to help teeth? I now floss daily and rinse with a baking soda/sea salt mouthwash, as well as brush daily...I've learned my lesson the hard way :(
Thanks! :)

Hi,
You may or may not have coeliac disease, however, it is much more likely that your teeth decayed through frequent consumption of sugary food and lack of cleaning.
The only way of sorting it out is to see a dentist. Ask your friends, family and colleagues for a recommendation.

Best of luck

Lincoln

Back