• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extracted "surgical" 5 days later....

C

Concerned

Hello to all....I had a tooth extracted # 30 Tuesday evening, the dentist had a hard time getting it out as I previously had a root canal, took 2.5 hours and 2 dentist but finally had everything out and had to take a little of the bone, but they put a "filler" in and stitched me up and I was good to go. Later that evening the filler came out along with one of the stitches. I called the dentist the very next morning and they stated that it was ok and the bleeding I had was normal. 2 days later (Friday) I went back as I was still bleeding a little and the pain was still there, he stated to alternate between advil/motrin as I did used my ice pack and moist heat as I did but all was ok. Late Saturday night early Sunday morning 1:30 ish I woke up with this extreme pain in the tooth in front and behind my gums and lower jaw to where it is always there. I looked up dry socket and I do not have the bad taste or breathe and the dentist said Friday my blood clot was good. I don't want to call the dentist again and feel like I am insane since I have called everyday but the pain and discomfort is worse now than after 2.5 hours of cutting pulling and the filling my lower jaw was breaking. Not sure what I need to do or give it another day or so?? Thanks for any insight....

Last edited:
I would call them, without sounding nasty to dentists it is part of their job to provide after care. If you are worried its better to put your mind at rest.

I dont remember having any pain after mine were taken out but I had a general anaesthetic because there were so many to take out.

Back