• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction bone

G

geekyemo

Long term visitor first time asking. I had a tooth extraction three weeks ago and there was a lump of bone left. In work this afternoon three lumps of white stuff and then a bone like bit came out.

There is a big hole but no pain and swelling. The gum where the bone was has now gone floppy in to the gap. It did bleed a bit but stopped. Do i need to worry or anyone else had this happen.

The tooth was abcessed when extracted.

I had a traumatic extraction once where when the dentist tried to get out a fractured tooth. There were a couple of sharp bone slivers that pierced the gum until it stopped.

I had 3 teeth pulled this Thursday will be 3 weeks. On one side where one was pulled is a bump next to where the tooth was. I don't know what the Heck is going on. I think I'll just wait until I have to see my regular dentist in 2 weeks from this Thursday, when he has to put a temp crown on my front tooth that I had root canal on a couple of months ago. I don't want to go back to the oral surgeon again. Ugh

Hi geekyemo,

there is a post in the FAQ section here on the forum that might answer at least a part of your question:

Hope this helps a bit, all the best wishes and keep us posted

Update, Lumps have come out both of the sockets and the gum around them have started to go hard. I get the feeling the bone chunks was preventing the healing. the top extraction feels gummy but seemed to have sealed so hopefully healing will happen. I be honest they was pretty big chunks that came out

Back