• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Tooth Extraction Healing Progress? - Day 4 (with picture)

S

sonderyonder

So I had to get an extraction after one of my molars had tons of issues (resin, resin again, root canal, infection, and finally broken tooth)
Pain is not much of an issue now, though it still feels weird.
I had it done last Tuesday 8/11.
I have since only eaten soft foods, washed teeth twice a day and only recently started doing soft swishes of water and salt.
Does it look like it is healing okay? I have read it can be the healing tissue, but I want to know if that looks like it, as it looks as it if could be infected. I have not had fever or anything like that but sometimes I feel a bit woozy.
Any insight and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Niall Neeson

Niall Neeson

Verified dentist
Hi sonderyonder,

As there’s no pain that’s a really good sign. This is a common appearance of a healing socket. I know the appearance can be a bit alarming but it’s a stage of healing the body goes through, often with a yellow layer on top. A little swelling and some redness around the area is to be expected.

If there is any change in relation to pain, or increased swelling let your dentist know but otherwise sounds like it’s behaving fine.

All the best,

Niall

S

sonderyonder

Thank you! I will keep taking care of it as I have and hopefully heals soon.

Niall Neeson

Niall Neeson

Verified dentist
Yip, sounds like you’re doing a great job with it 👍