• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is very afraid of dentistry or who suffers with dental phobia. Please note that this is NOT a general dental forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction sinus trouble

R

Ratappy

I had my lower right back molar extracted three weeks and five days ago. I have had numbness to side of tongue and cheek since extraction. The dentist said the site is healing well and I agree although I do occasionally get a bad taste in my mouth and sharp pain in throat that goes away but not often. My question is, I just started having sinus issues about 3 days ago. My ears feel full, my head hurts, my nose feels pressure, throat is sore.... I have NEVER had sinus issues. Also when I use saline spray it's giving me a brain freeze. Could this be from the extraction?

Last edited:
Dr. Daniel

Dr. Daniel

Verified dentist
I had my lower right back molar extracted three weeks and five days ago. I have had numbness to side of tongue and cheek since extraction. The dentist said the site is healing well and I agree although I do occasionally get a bad taste in my mouth and sharp pain in throat that goes away but not often. My question is, I just started having sinus issues about 3 days ago. My ears feel full, my head hurts, my nose feels pressure, throat is sore.... I have NEVER had sinus issues. Also when I use saline spray it's giving me a brain freeze. Could this be from the extraction?
I don’t think there is any direct linkage between the two.

R

Ratappy

I forgot to mention the tooth was infected when pulled and I was put on 10 days of amoxicillin. Don't know if that changes anything. Appreciate your time! My anxiety is crazy.

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Nope. Still no connection between a lower extraction and a sinus issue.

R

Ratappy

Thank you both for your time!