• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Tooth Extraction Site has White and Green stuff?

Z

ZIK

Hey Guys!

I've just had my adult tooth removed on Friday. It wasn't infected or anything but the Orthodontist said that I needed it out as it was preventing me from getting my bottom brace.

I am slightly concerned however. I looked in the mirror and saw that I the site has some green and white stuff inside it. I've been told that the green stuff is a sign of infection and the white stuff is a good sign. I also have a terrible discharge from this. Its not bleeding and there is a very dull ache around the area (I assume thats a normal as my tooth was only just pulled out?).

My dentist doesn't open till Tuesday so can anyone please tell me what this is a sign of and what should/can I do to treat it?

Thanks! :)

Dr. Daniel

Dr. Daniel

Verified dentist
Hi,

It does not sound like something to be treated. It is always advised to keep the extraction site clean (not by brushing it, but by rinsing salty water or a suitable mouth rinse), but also if you don't do anything, it will improve within days.

Angeldove

Angeldove

Like the dentist suggested, I would do the warm water with salt mouth wash. That stuff is really amazing when it comes to healing wounds/infections in your mouth. :)

S

Snookie14

Hi, I’m new here and just recently got my upper right wisdom tooth pulled the Wednesday that just passed and I’m starting to notice a greenish/yellowish color in my extraction site. Is that normal? My blood clot didn’t come out nor do ii have dry socket due to not really feeling too much pain