• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction site

R

Ratappy

I had my rear bottom back tooth pulled May of this year. Since then I've been sick almost non stop, on many different antibiotics and steroids mostly for "sinus" related issues. I'm now wondering if it's from my extraction. I can feel a sharp part near extraction site but no bone exposed. It's white and slightly painful to the touch. I also have a lump in my throat when I swallow. Could something have sprouted up this late in the game and even through so many courses of antibiotics? I hate when this stuff happens before the weekends!!

The sharp part is most likely to be a bit of sharp bone that's working its way to the surface. It may get dissolved away by your immune system before it gets much further but if it pokes through it's an easy and painless thing for a dentist to sort out.

Back