• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction soon

Not a dentist, but according to what the dentists here on the forum have been saying, an infection from a tooth can’t spread through the blood stream. The resistance towards antibiotic on the other hand is a real thing and a good reason not to take antibiotics when they are not necessary.

Not a dentist, but according to what the dentists here on the forum have been saying, an infection from a tooth can’t spread through the blood stream. The resistance towards antibiotic on the other hand is a real thing and a good reason not to take antibiotics when they are not necessary.
Thank you! I hope everything is fine and i will come back to write for my experience! Very scared but I know that sooner or later I will have to take them out and even delaying them for a long time does not make sense because I will get them extracted one day and i have no choice this is a fact ?

Hello again my appointment was canceled because my dentist maybe have covid or because for that cases here are growing very very fast and i need to wait another 10 days :( He say my infection cant spread because its local and draining and i dont have to worry to wait another 10 days I was set to be this week but the plans changed

That’s ok he is confident that it won’t spread 10 days will go by quick. Better that he rests & doesn't give his germs to you & others. You got this! ?

Hey again i have a last question before i go next days. Because he want to pull two tooth at the same time one of those are infected one and other one is next to this tooth on my palate. I mean is it more dangerous if the wounds are very close and have the infection on the one of the tooth?

It should be ok. He doesn’t seem concerned and once he pulls the infected tooth the infection should come out with it. He will make sure the wounds are all clean before you leave. You got this! Big prayers & good vibes for this to be done with for you soon!

Hello, they took out 2 of my teeth 2 hours ago. One had a large granuloma. I felt sick (out of fear of course) but it was over in 15 minutes. The anesthetic has already released me and I think it hurts but is tolerable. I am very happy that I did it! I have a question, they told me I could smoke, and I know I shouldn't, but the surgeon said it wasn't a problem, I don't know why, is it normal to say that?

Hi @Mona65, great to hear that you managed to get it taken care of - congratulations:perfect:!!!

Regarding the smoking after having teeth removed - obviously it's better for healing not to smoke for a while! Maybe standards are a bit more lax in Bulgaria, but in many countries, people would be really peeved off if they had complications and hadn't been warned beforehand that smoking can slow down or interfere with healing. So while it wouldn't be normal in the UK or the US to say that, perhaps it's normal in Bulgaria ?‍♀️? Not sure! Anyway, it sounds as if the procedure itself went very smoothly, so well done!!

Thank you ❤️ I'm still a little scared because I don't know what is normal in healing and what is not, I will write again after it is completely healed to describe the experience in detail. Maybe it's different here in Bulgaria because many people probably smoke about 50% of the population and are obviously used to the fact that no one follows this rule, like my father. After his tooth is extracted, his first job is to light a cigarette, so far he has not had any problems with it. I do not recommend it, if your dentist has said the opposite.

30 hour after my tooth extractions. Is this looks normal?

Attachments

• BA13FEF0-65FC-422E-9482-C4618CDC0B62.jpeg
    BA13FEF0-65FC-422E-9482-C4618CDC0B62.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 19
and now this white stuff are so big and im scared they will fell out and i will get a dry socket im scared to eat i dont have pain

Is pain in nearby bone and teeth normal?I dont need painkillers the pain was fine but i dont know whats is normal

It sounds pretty normal, some pain is to be expected. You should contact your dentist if you have severe pain that is not helped by over-the-counter painkillers, but from what you're describing, it sounds (and looks) like normal healing ?. How are you feeling today?

Hello again! Thank you. The white stuff is not here today and pain is almost gone i dont need painkillers. I think its okay i hope so

Sounds great ?! Wishing you a very Happy Christmas :xmas:

Thank you! Wishing you Happy Christmas too❤️

Back