• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction soon

After 2 weeks. Yes my upper teeth is so close to my sinus and last time i think one of my tooth hurts because i have pulpits but the tooth has been already rotten without me knowing

I know my tooth is draining now because its open i have a old post about very awful experience with a dentist. I dont have pain now in this tooth but my head give me very bad anxiety after last time from this infection.

I completely understand I had a infected root. & Root canal go bad so infection sat in the root for months. When it wanted to it would go active & swell. Then antibiotics.

was like that for months until I could get it taken care of my way from a oral surgeon with sedation.
The paranoia & mental toll it took on me for 4+ months was absolute hell.
I hope you can get it out ASAP & be done with it! ??

I completely understand you and I hope to remove the tooth soon! Was it your upper or lower?

Lower molar. #30 just had it done Sep 17th. I hadn’t been to the dentist in over 10 years and it the negligence finally took its toll. So I had #29,#30 #30 &#20 removed same day. I can barely tolerate fillings. Much less extractions awake. And multiple at once no way I could of handled local.

Oh i hope get mine out soon! Im so happy for you! The good thing that come after that sinus infection is that i dont have headaches anymore but before i have every single day for 3 months? I think this is a good sing to not have headaches i feel better now

That’s awesome antibiotics if your Dentist says or any Sinus medication should help in the mean time. Just eliminate them ASAP & be done with it. Bury the fear. The waiting & worrrying was the killer for me. I had to face it head on my way. Kicking crying & panicking 24/7.

My anxiety is very very bad i try not to think about it but sometimes i starting crying like a baby :(

I completely understand I cried literally for months and was a absolute train wreck. Mentally & physically. Easily the worst few months in a long time. Now that it’s mostly behind me I think my body is still trying to re-cooperate & reset. I reeked so much havoc on myself & nothing truly helped except getting it done.
I hope you get it take. Care of soon & put it behind you!

Can two teeth be extracted at once and should 2 anesthetics be used? Do not get an overdose of anesthesia?

Yeah I don’t see why not especially if your Dentist or oral Surgeon has that in plan for a allotted time. Are you doing local or IV? They are normally pretty careful with anesthesia. Did you get a appointment?

Maybe next week. I dont know i ask because i never have a tooth pulled. I dont know whats the plans is but i have 2 teeth for extraction. I think 2 doses will be too much for me? Only local anaesthesia not IV

Then tell him your concern try with 1 or maybe 1.5 I’m sure he could always increase if during you need more. Worst is your over numb or go home & sleep/wear it off. Prepare done favorite soft foods. ?

Hello again! I have appointment next week for two extraction. One for my tooth on my palate and one infected on the same sidе next to it. The dentist looks like a good person.I went to him terribly worried and scared, but I left satisfied.He said I had nothing to worry and said I didn't need an antibiotic before the extraction. He is a dental surgeon also because other dentist refer me to him because the tooth is close to the sinus. Do i have to worry about a sinus perforation?

Congratulations - great to hear that you've finally found someone you like ?. Presumably, he had a look at it, so if he (being an oral surgeon) says you have nothing to worry about, a sinus perforation seems highly unlikely?

Wishing you all the best for your appointment next week ???

Very glad you went and getting it taken care of. It’s awesome to find someone you like! You should be ok since your with a oral surgeon I wouldn’t worry about it to much, sounds like your in great hands.
Good luck can’t wait to hear how it went. ?

Congratulations - great to hear that you've finally found someone you like ?. Presumably, he had a look at it, so if he (being an oral surgeon) says you have nothing to worry about, a sinus perforation seems highly unlikely?

Wishing you all the best for your appointment next week ???
Thanks!! I hope everything will be fine?? Im also worried for that i will not be on antibiotics before and after extraction. I dont know do i need it? Because i have a infection periapical abscess only on root what do you think .I know he know what he doing but you know how people like me overthinking everything ?

Very glad you went and getting it taken care of. It’s awesome to find someone you like! You should be ok since your with a oral surgeon I wouldn’t worry about it to much, sounds like your in great hands.
Good luck can’t wait to hear how it went. ?
Thanks! ? I cant wait too to get out this bad teeth!!

Heyyy, this is great news! :) so glad you have found a dentist you like and that the teeth are getting taken care of. When it comes to antibiotics, in the practice I worked at I rarely saw anyone getting any for an extraction or afterwards. And if you think of it, the most common reason why a tooth has to go is an infection so that itself can‘t be a reason for needing antibiotics. I am sure your surgeon got you and you‘ll be fine. Btw. fears usually get worse the closer you get to an appointment, so if you can, just see any worry as a part of the fear package, not something that can realistically go wrong. Thoughts are not facts.. fortunately!:)

Thank you! Yes i know that they pull out infection too but i read about how can infection spreading via bloodstream after extraction and im worried for this i know not everyone need it but i will be more calm if im on antibiotics. if I take the antibiotic will it interfere with the procedure in any way or make it worse if they dont work because im also worried about resistance from so many use before! I will be thankfull if you answer to this questions it will help me a lot

Back