• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction three days ago

T

Tinaa

Hey everyone, I just had a tooth extracted on Monday. I've been doing everything my dentist advised me to do. Ive been eating soft stuff like ice cream, pudding, etc. No hard foods or hot foods. I haven't had any problems except that this morning I did my warm water and salt rinse and a little white dot came out. I checked it out and it looks like it came from the extraction site. I'm freaking out because I've heard horrible stories about dry sockets. I checked to see if everything came out but there is still some greyish white stuff inside the area where my tooth used to be. Is this normal or what should I do? I'm really worried about getting a dry socket. It's my first time getting a tooth extracted lol. I don't smoke or do anything that would cause any damage to that area. Any idea on what it could be????❓❓❓

I'm not a dentist, but from what I understand the gray/white stuff is absolutely normal and is part of the healing process. If you're still concerned, you can call the dentist who did the extraction. Also, after 72 hrs post-extraction the risk dry socket is incredibly low.

Back