• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction tomorrow

V

vivmt

So I've had a crown on a front tooth for a while and about 10 days ago it fell off. It didn't have a post in it and I was fully expecting the dentist to say that's what he'd have to do. However he said there wasn't enough left and the tooth would have to com out and he would put a bridge in (unfortunately I don't have the money for an implant).then he said because I'm nhs I'll have to wear a partial denture for 6 months before he can put the bridge in.

I've agreed to go ahead and the treatment is tomorrow but I'm freaking out. The whole process just sounds awful. I've had lots of teeth extracted before (lots because I had too many teeth in my mouth plus 3 wisdom teeth) but the whole thought of having it pulled out plus having to wear a partial denture for 6 months may just be a step too far. Plus I'm mortified that it's got this bad. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for 15 years and I just can't face the fact this is happening. I hate that it's got this far. Most of my teeth are heavily restored and I'm scared others are going to go the same way.

I guess I just want to know what to expect. (I always cope best if they tell me what's happening as we go along). How big the partial denture might be considering its just one tooth at the front. How long will it take to get used to it? I'm a teacher so I'm worried about how obvious it will be to the kids. It's an immediate denture so I can't get over how it can be put in straight after an extraction. Will that not hurt more? Will I speak weirdly afterwards? I have to do a lot of teaching the next day so will that make things worse?

Any advice would be nice

Thanks

How did it go with your extraction and partial fitted?

[h=2]Tooth extraction kinda sucks not gonna lie but not painful.[/h]Its just getting a lot of pulling and odd moving around in your mouth

Back