• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth extraction

A

Amaree

Hi I’m due to have a tooth extraction on Friday 3 days away . I’m so nervous as my own dentist has told me it could be difficult. I am having sedation as I’m so scared . My anxiety has gone threw the roof . Any advice please how to deal with this and will I be aware of what is going on three the sedation . Many thanks Anne-marie

Hi I’m due to have a tooth extraction on Friday 3 days away . I’m so nervous as my own dentist has told me it could be difficult. I am having sedation as I’m so scared . My anxiety has gone threw the roof . Any advice please how to deal with this and will I be aware of what is going on three the sedation . Many thanks Anne-marie
I'm in the same boat as you! Extraction on Friday and recommend by my dentist to be sedated. Never been sedated before...although the thread about it has helped. I'm also looking into getting hold of some numbing cream as I'm scared or the needle for it! I'm sure we will be fine and ecstatic when it's over.

I'm in the same boat as you! Extraction on Friday and recommend by my dentist to be sedated. Never been sedated before...although the thread about it has helped. I'm also looking into getting hold of some numbing cream as I'm scared or the needle for it! I'm sure we will be fine and ecstatic when it's over.
Hi yeah I’m sure we will . I had anxiety for a week was due to have it out 2 weeks ago but the evening before the appointment was cancelled due to the dentist having covid symptoms. My next appointment is this Monday 9/2.so now the anxiety has started again . When yours appointment

Hi yeah I’m sure we will . I had anxiety for a week was due to have it out 2 weeks ago but the evening before the appointment was cancelled due to the dentist having covid symptoms. My next appointment is this Monday 9/2.so now the anxiety has started again . When yours appointment
Oh no...build yourself up for it to change!
Mine is this Friday 5th. I have needed it doing for months and looked into root canal treatment but it was a to in depth procedure for me to endure. My tooth also has a hook so it's not a straight forward extraction unfortunately....

Most likely you won’t be aware while being sedated, but if you are aware you’re not really going to care. It’ll be more like taking a nap while they do all the hard work.

Oh no...build yourself up for it to change!
Mine is this Friday 5th. I have needed it doing for months and looked into root canal treatment but it was a to in depth procedure for me to endure. My tooth also has a hook so it's not a straight forward extraction unfortunately....
I do hope it goes well for u . I jus hope our sedation works to the point we don’t no what’s going on x
Most likely you won’t be aware while being sedated, but if you are aware you’re not really going to care. It’ll be more like taking a nap while they do all the hard work.
Thanku . Do u feel the tooth coming out

I had all my teeth extracted at one time while sedated and no I didn’t feel anything.

I had all my teeth extracted at one time while sedated and no I didn’t feel anything.
O wow all of them ouch . This is only one ?

Years and years ago I had my wisdom teeth removed and I wasn’t sedated. Let’s just say it wasn’t a pleasant experience. So when it came time to say goodbye to all my problem teeth I had to be sedated. I was nervous and scared before as well but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I hope everything goes well for you.

Years and years ago I had my wisdom teeth removed and I wasn’t sedated. Let’s just say it wasn’t a pleasant experience. So when it came time to say goodbye to all my problem teeth I had to be sedated. I was nervous and scared before as well but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I hope everything goes well for you.
Thanku for you comftable words

Back