• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth Extractions Tomorrow...Nervous

A

AtreidesKnight

So I'm finally moving forward with fixing my teeth. I've gone to the dentist, gotten my checkups (nothing wrong!), and have my lower set of braces put in. Tomorrow, I'm going to have my two front baby teeth extracted so I can get the top set of braces put in. I'm a bit nervous about the extractions. What can I expect? Will they be painful? How long will they take?

My main fear is that it'll take a great deal of pulling to get them out. The orthodontist said that baby teeth are super easy and it'll probably take less than 10 minutes. What do you folks think?

Piece of cake, you'll be fine!

I think 'super easy' I'd put money on it ! Baby teeth will come out in a flash, bet you don't even feel pain afterwards. A quick wiggle and bingo....

Thanks for the support! :XXLhug:

I was incredibly nervous going in, but the procedure was SUPER easy! :jump: The novocain took longer than the actual extraction. It was a few quick tugs and done. The extractions themselves took less than twenty seconds.

I'm so happy that I'm finally getting my teeth fixed. ;D The last issue (that I hopefully don't have to deal with) is my wisdom teeth, but my dentist said that, even though one is a little close to the nerve, won't be an issue to remove. Woo-hoo! :)

I am so pleased all went well for you today, good luck with the rest of your treatment. :jump: :jump:

Ha ha, told you, wish I HAD put money on it now ! Well done. :)

Back