• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth feels funny.

K

kiefm

Former Member
I have a sharp edge on one of my teeth. I feel this tooth with my tongue often. I put my hand on it today and it feels soft and i can rotate it around with my hand, it feels almost like your gum.

Can anyone explain this and can I do anything to help it?

Last edited:
If you have had a fracture of the tooth- there is perhaps a little bit of overgrown gum growing into the space? Impossible to say really- best get it checked out by a dentist who can tell you what is going on and how it can be fixed.
regards
dr mike

So, it isn't the tooth that is softened. When i put my finger on the tooth there is white ooze on my finger which made me think it was the tooth. It feels so soft that I could pick the bit of the tooth off with my finger nails.

No way of knowing what is going on without a 'look'.
best plan would be to make an appointment- somethings obvioulsy not right.
dr mike

Dr Mike ,would you say this is wo4th making an emergency appointment about? I don't wan't to waste my dentist's time but at the same time I don't wan't to have my tooth exposed until monday and have no tooth left by then.

Hi
If you are worried about it- call your dentist. They should be able to guide you as to when would be best for you to go in
cheers
dr mike

Thanks. Lastly, are crunchy cereals bad for your teeth. The types that get stuck in your teeth, cruncy oat cereals like Country Crisp.

This may help with why my tooth has cracked in the past? Although, it cracked on a nut. Also, od you know what this white ooze is that is on my finger when I touch my tooth?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Thanks. Lastly, are crunchy cereals bad for your teeth. The types that get stuck in your teeth, cruncy oat cereals like Country Crisp.

This may help with why my tooth has cracked in the past? Although, it cracked on a nut. Also, do you know what this white ooze is that is on my finger when I touch my tooth?

Thanks a lot

Or what is the chance of damaging teeth on any cruncy food? I ask because I am eating all food on one side of the mouth due to feeling that, the tooth I am concerned about, is frail and thus one side of the mouth is being subjected to all the cruncy food I eat. If I feel this jagged edge on my tooth is soft and frail, could i damage it by brushing it?

Last edited:
Back