• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

tooth infected scared to die been infected for like 5 months can't get in to oral surgeon til marach

K

Khmills2014

tooth infected scared to die been infected for like 5 months can't get in to oral surgeon til marach

Well I have had fears of dentist for years I'm 19 and haven't took the best care of my teeth this one has been broken for awhile and never bothered me until recently well went to dentist Lat month they did X-rays and said nerve was infected gave me amoxicillin and made oral surgeon appt can't get in until March well every time I get antibotics I end up taking almost all of them or never take them on time well that's what happened with the amoxcollin and now I had to go get mor antibotics bc it was hurting worse than it ever has like pain to my ear I have been on penicillin , clyindamycin , cedfar , amoxcollin & now clyindamycin again I'm just worried all these antibotics are going to harm me? And I have also searched on google and now I'm sure I'm dying I should also add it's my bottom #30 tooth I think and I have a sore throat stuffy nose and like the lyphnode and glands are swollen but when I was at the dentist last month in December he did seem too concerned about referee me to oral surgeon can't get me in til marach 10th well all the stuff I've read on Google is terrifying me! I'm trying to take care of my teeth now but all the things of read they make it sounds as if people die all the time for teeth problems! Ok so scared can someone ease my worries

Last edited:
Re: tooth infected scared to die been infected for like 5 months can't get in to oral surgeon til ma

Hi Khmills2014.

First of all - and this might be very difficult to do - stay off the internet (apart from this forum of course). Google search has loads of doom and gloom stories that can scare the holy bejeezus out of you. So, for the sake of your sanity, get off the internet.
Second, is there any way you can contact your dentist and tell him about your sore throat, stuffed nose and the other problems that have come up? Maybe you can call and ask to speak to him or get an emergency appointment? hopefully, he'll see the state you are in and try to push the oral surgeon's visit forward. Or you can go see a doctor or your local ER?
From what I've read, it doesn't sound like you are going to die very soon. The worst that can happen is that you may need more than the tooth fixed (scary I know!) but you won't die at least.
I have a problem with my tooth that has a filling in it (due to a crap dentist) and I 've searched the internet and been scared witless reading all the horror stories, until I decided to stop looking and wait till my appointment. So, please try and calm down. Or you can post in the dentists' part of the forum, its somewhere around here I believe.
Good luck.

Re: tooth infected scared to die been infected for like 5 months can't get in to oral surgeon til ma

Just want to say thank you! Stuffy nose has been going on for awhile but I have an appointment in February on 17 to get teeth filled I'm in antibotics right now . Im wanting to to conquer my fear of the dentist and get my fixed again!! I was almost certain I was dying after Google search and I posted on yahoo answers about they had me convinced I was dying also they oral surgeon said if they have any cancellations they will call to let me know! I'm just sick of worrying about it ready to get it out

I agree stay off the internet. There too much information for people with fears. You are not dying nor are you harmed, however you should always take antibiotics as directed. It would be a good idea to find a dentist who will offer conscious sedation to deal with your treatment. You will not be unconscious but nicely chilled and unaware of any treatment. It is very sad you are so frightened, don't be ask for help maybe hypnosis might help. Dentists today are really clued up on phobic patients and are very sympathetic you can do this. Good luck

Well now I, scared I'm going to go into septic shock from being antibotic resistant! But I've been on different types of them not just the same one everytime now I'm terrified bc where I didn't finish or I'd forget to take them...

Agreed with others don't Google. One of the dentist I had in the past said to me I should not Google as there are some scared things, also the doctors have told me not to Google about health conditions because a couple of years ago I had a health scare.

Back