• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth loose and TERRIFIED! I have gum disease!!!! AAAAHHHHH HELP

S

Sweets

Hello Everyone

I am new to this so please bare with me. I notices this week that the bottom portion of my gums are swollen and hurt. Now one of my teeth are loose! I have gum disease from my last doctor vist and frankly ran out of there terrified. For many reason... One, I'm terrified of the dentist, two, it's so expensive! They said I have gum disease and it's pretty advanced. They recommended a deep clean, which I ignored ( I know how stupid of me) But I couldnt affod the $800 price tag.

Well now, I have a loose tooth and am scheduled for the deep cleaning this afternoon and I am afraid my tooth will just come out! I have to fly to ohio in four days for work and I am just shaking in my pants!!! I dont want to show up with a missing tooth or a few missing teeth!

I'm so scared that I will lose my teeth. I am only 31 and having to deal with this. Please someone help me. Calm my nerves. I have two little kids that I'm trying to be strong for. :confused::oI am so embarrassed that I let my teeth get so bad! I wish I did have this fear of the dentist... :shame:

How did the deep cleaning go? Sorry I did not visit the forum yesterday to give you support. Do not be embarassed about your dental issues, because we know how bad fear can be, and how it influences your decisions regarding treatment.

Write back and let us know how you did. :)

Hi Sweets :welcome: to the forum.

I am also sorry I missed this, I really hope that your cleaning went well. People have found when they have had a really good clean the sort only the dentist or hygienist can do that it is amazing how the gums can be brought back to health and prevent us losing teeth. It might take a few regular cleans like this but hopefully you will get there.

I think you are being very brave, don't concentrate on the what was but on the what is going to be when you have had treatment. It is a good sign that they aren't talking about extracting teeth and recommending a good clean or two.

Good luck :clover::clover::clover: and all the best with your future treatment, please do let us know how you get on, and also how you got on when you went for your clean. Have a nice flight and don't work too hard. :butterfly:

oh, I wonder how it everything went: since I'm going thru the same issues-- although I have not felt any loose tooth.. but will see tomorrow what the dentist says about it-- tomorrows visits for consult and x rays will cost me $110 - something not plan.. :shame::(:dunno::scared:

Back