• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth pain after molar extraction

D

Dorothyk

Last Friday I got tooth #1 *upper right back molar* extracted. As far as I know there were no complications. I have noticed trying to eat on that side my upper teeth hurt, as if they're dense. It's a weird pressure feeling, as if they could break just from chewing the simplest things. Now I'm so scared that something is wrong with them. I had no pain in these teeth prior to extraction. They look okay mostly from what I can see, there isnt any pain in the extraction site. Is this a normal feeling to have after this? I havent had any upper teeth pulled other than 3 in the front that broke years ago due to a frozen piece of celery I bit into too hard (I have a partial now for this.), and my wisdom teeth. I have an appointment October 7 to get some cavities filled (as far as I know there is one in the bottom front, and a couple on the upper left side.) But my dentist cant get me in any sooner. Is this something I should be afraid of, or will those teeth get better as everything heals?

Chances are that the dentist has been "leaning" on these teeth a bit during the extraction, so the ligaments holding them in are a bit stressed. It should ease off in a further few days as the ligaments recover.

Chances are that the dentist has been "leaning" on these teeth a bit during the extraction, so the ligaments holding them in are a bit stressed. It should ease off in a further few days as the ligaments recover.
Thank you for your reply, this makes sense! I get so anxious before the dentist, and then after if something seems different. I'm so happy that I found this forum to ease my mind. Thank you again!

Back