• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth sensitivity after final crown is put on

S

sharon

another problem . . . . . . . :(

I had a final crown put on last week and ever since my tooth has been very sensitive to cold. Now and then I also feel the beginnings of a toothache. No problems when I tap on it (yet!) I had no problems with the tooth during the 2-3 weeks I had a temporary crown and no problems before the crown. All this is coming on after the final crown. This crown replaces another one I had, probably had some decay underneath.

What's up with this? I'm so tired of tooth problems and I really don't want to spend more money on a new crown or worse a root canal plus a new crown or even worse, another implant.

If you had no problems while in the temporary, my first thought would be that your bite may be a bit off with this new crown. Have them adjust it and give the tooth a couple of days to settle down. Another possibility could be an open margin on the crown. A bitewing x-ray can see if this is the problem.

Back