• Welcome! This is a forum for anyone who is affected by a fear of the dentist, dental phobia, or specific dental fears.

We are lucky to count a number of dentists among our members and moderators. Look out for the "Verified dentist" badges. If you are a dental professional who likes to help, please join our community!

Register now to access many more features and forums!

Tooth slightly loose and tartar buildup around it. This is really the reason why I'm nervous...

V

Vix

I have this thought that a dentist is going to loosen my tooth (front bottom middle tooth) more while cleaning, perhaps even pull/knock it out accidentally during the cleaning process. The thought of pressure on this tooth is really freaking me out. But I know it's only going to get worse without attention. I have a painful knot in my stomach thinking about this.

Is this a realistic thought? Do dentists treat an area differently if there's a loose tooth?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Yes, we generally treat it a bit more gently. It's not that easy to take out a loose tooth, it might feel like it's hanging by a thread, but it really isn't!
Unfortunately it's going to deteriorate very fast if you don't get it looked at soon.

B

Bobbykorn

Do you have any pictures? I have the same fear wit my bottom middle tooth . My tooth isn’t loose though