• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Tooth slightly loose and tartar buildup around it. This is really the reason why I'm nervous...

V

Vix

I have this thought that a dentist is going to loosen my tooth (front bottom middle tooth) more while cleaning, perhaps even pull/knock it out accidentally during the cleaning process. The thought of pressure on this tooth is really freaking me out. But I know it's only going to get worse without attention. I have a painful knot in my stomach thinking about this.

Is this a realistic thought? Do dentists treat an area differently if there's a loose tooth?

Gordon

Gordon

Administrator
Staff member
Verified dentist
Yes, we generally treat it a bit more gently. It's not that easy to take out a loose tooth, it might feel like it's hanging by a thread, but it really isn't!
Unfortunately it's going to deteriorate very fast if you don't get it looked at soon.

B

Bobbykorn

Do you have any pictures? I have the same fear wit my bottom middle tooth . My tooth isn’t loose though