• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Toothache by clenching teeth??

• Thread starter Laura robitaille
  • Start date
L

Laura robitaille

So I am going through a terrible time in personal life. Been very stressed. For the past three weeks whenever I have a bad night I have woken up with tooth pain which is hard to describe. It's mostly along my jaw line and radiates to ears. My molars look normal, no swelling or red gums. but the pain spins me into a huge panic because my phobia is so severe. ciuld this be me clenching my teeth?? I'm hoping the pain I feel now is due to last. Ishtar clenching but I'm panicked and keep poking mynmolars and now they really are hurting! Help

So I am going through a terrible time in personal life. Been very stressed. For the past three weeks whenever I have a bad night I have woken up with tooth pain which is hard to describe. It's mostly along my jaw line and radiates to ears. My molars look normal, no swelling or red gums. but the pain spins me into a huge panic because my phobia is so severe. ciuld this be me clenching my teeth?? I'm hoping the pain I feel now is due to last. Ishtar clenching but I'm panicked and keep poking mynmolars and now they really are hurting! Help

Very well could be! The good news is that you can probably get by with an OTC mouth guard for now. I've been through several (dog keeps getting ahold of them!) and prefer the ones that are formed on a small tray that you peel them out of, makes a smooth bottom. Not expensive, about $20-30. Give one a try, eventually you should get in to see the dentist and have them double-check everything, but this might help you out immediately.

Thank you...I think I will look into this. I just wish the anxiety would calm down. Why is it that no matter how many times yiu go through panic or anxiety attacks it never seems to get easier to deal with? Thanks...

This happens to me from clenching when stressed as well. So it could be.