• Welcome to Dental Fear Central! This is a place for mutual support and any questions you may have that are related to dental phobia, fear or anxiety. It is run by volunteers with first-hand experience of dental phobia and anxiety together with dental practitioners who like to help. The "Verified dentist" badges will tell you whether an answer has been provided by a qualified dental practitioner. If you'd like to use all the features of this forum and share your own experiences, or if you are a dental professional who would like to contribute, register now.

We strive to promote a safe, friendly and trustworthy environment with our team of moderators monitoring all discussions daily.

Toothache on the down right side of the mouth with swelling

U

Useruser

I had some fillings on the left side last year. I will get regular cleanings done.I have toothache in the right side for past 2 days.it started after I take fish and chicken after a long time.means I didn't eat those past 2 months. I did chew those a lot.it started off with dull toothache on the right side.it was there on top side first. then I felt some pain on the down side too.it was like needle pain and the whole right end side is not comfortable. I avoided eating on that side past 2 days. today I see some swelling on the end of the right down side.its close to my ears and end of the jaw. I have already taken wisdom tooth on the lower side and upper wisdom tooth is still there. I have bad breadth and smells very bad. the Swelling is at the end of the lower jaw. does it related to any tooth or sinus issue?I have sinus issue and never had any swelling like this before. I am in US. what could be the issue? upper wisdom tooth has small cavity. Lower ones doesn't have any cavity as per last x-ray. The swelling is little but feels very uncomfortable inside the mouth. But not very continuous pain in the tooth. I am able to eat and drink hot liquids. What could be the reason? The little swelling is on the upper and lower jaw side. Exactly under the ears. No pain when I touch any tooth or gums. Only the jaw hurts while I touch.what could be the reason? I am in the US and feel scared to go to dentist. That too in this current situation, I am very nervous. Please share your inputs.

Edit to add: it gives a sharp pinch like pain in the right side sometimes lower and sometimes on the upper side. I see swelling only today. The pain was there for past 2 days. I feel like shiver and chill along with bad breath. Checked my temp and it's normal.

krlovesherkids777

krlovesherkids777

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Useruser,

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, it does sound like a hard situation ,and especially now I totally understand being scared to go to the dentist and check it out in these days and everything going on. It does sound like dentists are being extra careful with everything and being able to do more and more work. I hope you can get some answers soon. Sounds like something they would need to see and do a thorough exam to get you the best answer. I hope you can get some peace and relief soon and a dentist answers here to help.

U

Useruser

Hi Useruser,

I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you, it does sound like a hard situation ,and especially now I totally understand being scared to go to the dentist and check it out in these days and everything going on. It does sound like dentists are being extra careful with everything and being able to do more and more work. I hope you can get some answers soon. Sounds like something they would need to see and do a thorough exam to get you the best answer. I hope you can get some peace and relief soon and a dentist answers here to help.
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.
I am hoping to get some answers. I am not sure if it's causing from ears, sinuses or teeth. Ear(right side ear) and nose are completely blocked. Feel pain inside the ear. Don't know because of the tooth or sinus. I will wait for few days and check with doctor.