• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Toothache

S

Shan9

I'm 17 years old and having problem with my teeth. I have anxiety and depression and I'm really scared the dentist are going to pull my tooth out. I know it's decayed just by looking at it. I looks dark, offish brown and painful. I was planning on getting braces but with amount of teeth I will have to remove there's not point. I feel so ugly now because I constantly have not motivation right now to clean them and every time I do I end up forgetting to. I'm just miserable because I know I've already lost 2 of my teeth and I really don't wanna lose anymore. I knowing rambling I'm just scared what should I do?

The best thing to do is visit your dentist. That's the obvious answer, of course, but if you get everything treated that needs to be treated, and a professional cleaning into the bargain, you'll feel so much better and healthier. And when you know your mouth is in great shape, it's more motivation to brush regularly and take care of your teeth.

Because you're so young, you have a good chance of turning this around and forming good habits instead. If you explain your situation to the dentist, I'm sure they will be understanding. You can also ask for tips on effective brushing.

Some people need more extractions than others, even if they do brush well, so don't be ashamed. I doubt it would mean you can't get braces. Besides, they might be able to save your tooth. You won't know until you're there.

This problem won't go away on it's own. I know it's depressing, but the sooner you get yourself seen to, the better off you will be in the future. It'll be a big weight off your mind too.

Hang in there :hug4: