• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

TOP molar to be pulled tomorrow but I sick...what to do?

S

scymbala

Hey All! I found this forum a while ago and it has help to calm some of my nerves. I have a cracked molar that has hurt off and on for a few years. The crack did not become visible till a few weeks ago and it was recommended that I have it pulled as they are calling it a cracked root. Anyway, I have been very busy and not had a free moment to get the tooth pulled. I am a photographer and have had many weddings planned. Well, i just got back from a trip to Portland and the tooth hurt so bad. When I had visited the oral surgeon he gave my my scrips for after the extraction. I started on the antibiotics straight away and the pain is pretty much gone. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:30 am to have it pulled but I am coming down with a bad chest/head cold and I don't know what to do? He also gave me a scrip for Valium 10mg...please tell me this will work? this tooth has three roots in it and I am scared to death! I don't want to do anything to risk my health though by waiting to have it removed. Please advice, success stories, anything would be appreciated!

Should go problem free Top molars are relatively easy to get numb and this is an easy extraction for an oral surgeon.

Does it matter that I am sick?

Back