• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

top teeth receding

J

Jez

Hi I'm so glad I found this forum I have been terrified of the dentist for 10 years and haven't gone and as you can imagine my teeth are in a state my top teeth have a large build up of plaque and I feel as though they are dropping my gum is bulging above rather than around the teeth but doesn't bleed on brushing none of the teeth feel loose but I still feel as though they could just drop out at any minute is that likely to happen ? I have managed to find a dentist but they can't see me for another four weeks do you think I should go to an emergency dentist sorry to ramble I'm very scared and I'm a teacher of reception children and don't really want to greet them on tues with a gappy mouth any ideas thanks

No, if your teeth aren't loose they won't drop out anytime soon. Even really, really loose ones can stay that way for quite a long time.

An emergency dentist won't be able to do anything useful, get hold of a decent toothbrush, preferably an Oral B of some sort and get stuck into your teeth and gums with that, believe it or not, not all toothbrushes are good.

No, if your teeth aren't loose they won't drop out anytime soon. Even really, really loose ones can stay that way for quite a long time.

An emergency dentist won't be able to do anything useful, get hold of a decent toothbrush, preferably an Oral B of some sort and get stuck into your teeth and gums with that, believe it or not, not all toothbrushes are good.
Thank you for the reassurance that's just what I needed to hear I had visions of them dropping out in the night I have bought a soft bristle oral b toothbrush just while my gums feel a bit sore as I was scared my oral b electric one would push my tooth out I am also gargling coconut oil every morning and using corsodyl mouthwash when I brush morning and night I'm also applying gengigel 3 times a day I'm brushing with sensodyne sensitivity and gum does this all sound right thank you so much

Jez,

Just a thought, I work for a medical clinic and we get cancels , due to sick kids, work meetings etc quite a bit, just a fact of daily life . But you may want to try once in a while to get in earlier by just asking about cancellations if it might give you a peace of mind to get in earlier. otherwise.. it really is amazing what some of the sensitive toothpaste will do if its nothing urgent.

I'd switch back to the proper Oral B, you really want to get the plaque off and a manual brush isn't so effective. Any chance you could brush in the middle of the day too?

I can't seen any advantage to the coconut oil but if you like it fine.

Try not to use the mouthwash at the same time as brushing, if you can manage it split them up, use the mouthwash mid morning and mid evening instead. Otherwise you're brushing away the Corsodyl and rinsing away the active stuff in the toothpaste!

Gengigel is a bit of a grey area, it might help but it's not really proven to. If you've got it anyway you might as well use it.

Jez,

Just a thought, I work for a medical clinic and we get cancels , due to sick kids, work meetings etc quite a bit, just a fact of daily life . But you may want to try once in a while to get in earlier by just asking about cancellations if it might give you a peace of mind to get in earlier. otherwise.. it really is amazing what some of the sensitive toothpaste will do if its nothing urgent.
Great idea thank you x

Back