• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tourette Syndrome.

K

kirstypandabear

Hello, Ive been to the dentist after not going for years because of fear, she was horrible! Im not going back to that dentist again. Im going to try and see if my sisters dentist is taking on Patients as i havent rang up in a while. I have Tourettes Syndrome and all she kept saying was Keep still! And i literally cannot help doing facial movements. The dentist said i need 3 teeth extracted and has referred me somewhere in Barnsley but i do not know where. Would they sedate me? As im very bad with my Tics and cannot control my movements. They get worse when im nervous.

kirstypandabear,

it makes me speachless to hear about your bad experience. It is hard to finally make the step and see a dentist when you have dental fear and it's inacceptable to get treated the way you did. Avoiding this practice and try to go somewhere else is the only right decision.
May I encourage you to leave the practice immediately if you ever feel not treated kindly. Trust is one of the main ingredients when it comes to coping with a treatment and every good dentist knows it.
Also you should always get all information you need and in as much detail as you need to understand what needs to be done, where and how. Your dentist should discuss the options with you so you can make a decision about how you would like to approach the procedure. It's your dental health and you decide.

All the best wishes, hope you'll find a good caring kind dentist soon

Back