• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Two broken molars, easy for UK dentist to remove?

T

toaster

Hello,

Two molars have broken, upper rear.
Previously filled, but notorious since an early age for neuralgia in even slight wind.

For the UK, would their removal be via a walk-in NHS dentist - or via surgical procedure? (I look after someone at the moment and thus the former would be preferable for them). Corsodyl is very effective, wish I had found it years ago. Thanks.tooth.jpg

Hi Toaster,

Extracting these teeth would be no problem for a good, experienced general dentist.

If you can find an NHS walk in center with such a dentist then all will be fine. The difficulty is great dentists tend not want to work in such places.

Hope this helps

Lincoln

Hi Toaster,
Extracting these teeth would be no problem for a good, experienced general dentist.
If you can find an NHS walk in center with such a dentist then all will be fine. The difficulty is great dentists tend not want to work in such places. Hope this helps
Lincoln

Wonderful.

I fortunately run a web business from home, unfortunately the person I care for is still recovering from viral vestibulitis and not too keen on being left alone. So a non-hospital stay extraction is ideal. Will contact my dentist shortly, he is a NHS/private and I am an NHS patient.

I had been delaying assuming a more complex route.

You know what shattered them?
I only eat chocolate as Cadbury's Highlights, I am not a biscuit person. However I tried a Fox's Classic - getting the one with a large rigid lump of crystalline sugar inside which shattered the two teeth. The biscuits are hard so you tend to bite down firmly, and they were stored in a very cold larder; the first bite met biscuit, the second bite deeper into the mouth hit the hard lump and "bang".

I'm not a dentist but they look severely decayed. You must have suffered lots of pain over the years with those?
Find a dentist you like and trust now (rather than a walk-in centre) and build a relationship with the same dentist so you find it easier to attend regularly and thereby keep the rest with minimal discomfort and trauma. Best wishes.

I'm not a dentist but they look severely decayed. You must have suffered lots of pain over the years with those?
Find a dentist you like and trust now (rather than a walk-in centre) and build a relationship with the same dentist so you find it easier to attend regularly and thereby keep the rest with minimal discomfort and trauma. Best wishes.

Those two teeth are just recovering from an excruciating infection, started Friday night (don't they always) and ended Sunday morning courtesy of Corsodyl. They have been filled steadily over 20yrs until "filled down to the gum" so inevitably weak. They shattered Jul-Aug 2011.

My other teeth apparently made the dentist smile last visit in June. #1 started using corsodyl some time ago and #2 stopped drinking diet lemonade. People underestimate how much damage diet lemonade can do. Corsodyl works miracles - with the proviso it is strong and WILL darken teeth if any coffee etc drunk. Dentist in June 2011 did say those two teeth were on their last legs.

Thanks, will see a dentist soon.

Back